Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spa Dog! New business on the block


What do you do when you used to live on an Ontario farm surrounded by animals and find yourself stuck in an office job in Vancouver? You open Spa Dog! I met Hilary this morning, she's been open for 6 days now and she was very excited to show off her new shop. She sourced a lot of pieces for her decor from thrift stores and admitted she got addicted to it and had a lot of fun putting everything together! She was happy to tell me all about her organic doggy grooming services and pet care products even after I told her I didn't own a dog.

No fear. There are gazillion dog owners in the neighborhood and the proximity to Trout Lake makes this little shop a nice addition to the neighborhood. Fancy giving a trim and a blow-out to your pooch after a nice roll in the mud? Stop on by.

I have to admit I was a bit sad when I saw that the new business was going to be dog spa and not a sushi restaurant, especially when there is a cat hotel on the same block... but Hilary made a really good impression on me. She really cares about the impact of her business on animals and on nature. Wishing you a warm welcome and many shampoos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment